We would love to have you join us as a volunteer for the Sioux Empire Community Theatre! Please scroll down to see the variety of ways you can help and to sign up for our facebook group.
We have many opportunities for you to assist at the theatre! By becoming a volunteer, you will earn a free ticket to see the show!
- Carpenters – Volunteers that work to actually assemble the wooden portions of the set.
- Lights and Sound – Volunteers are responsible for stage lighting, sound and maintenance.
- Paint – Volunteers that paint the set.
- Sewing – Assembling pieces into finished costumes.
- Deck hands – The crew that works backstage during the show, shifting the scenery, and props.
- Fly operators – The person who operates the flying system. The mobile scenery that hangs, “Flys” above the stage.
- *Ushers – Assist in the seating of patrons during performances.
- Board of Directors – Join our board of directors. Board applications are accepted August 1st through April 30th. If you are interested in being on our board. Please fill out the application found here.
*If you are interested in ushering, please call the Orpheum Volunteer Coordinator, Brett Cooper, at (605) 367-7397 ext. 2375.
Set construction takes place at our scene shop at 2918 W. 3rd St. in Sioux Falls.