Join Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe, Gloria the hip hip Hippo and, of course, those hilarious, plotting penguins as they bound onto the stage in the musical adventure of a lifetime. Based on the smash DreamWorks animated motion picture, Madagascar – A Musical Adventure JR. follows all of your favorite crack-a-lackin’ friends as they escape from their home in New York’s Central Park Zoo and find themselves on an unexpected journey to the madcap world of King Julien’s Madagascar.
Alex the lion is the king of the urban jungle, the main attraction at New York’s Central Park Zoo. He and his best friends – Marty the zebra, Melman the giraffe and Gloria the hippo – have spent their whole lives in blissful captivity before an admiring public and with regular meals provided for them. Not content to leave well enough alone, Marty lets his curiosity get the better of him and makes his escape – with the help of some prodigious penguins – to explore the world.
Filled with outlandish characters, adventure galore and an upbeat score, Madagascar JR. will leave you with no choice but to “Move It, Move It!”
Info. about the camp:
- Camp is for 1st -8th grades.
- Campers in 1st – 4th grades will attend the second week of camp only, beginning on June 18th.
- Campers in grades 5th – 8th will attend the full 2 weeks, beginning on June 11th.
- The first week of camp will be held at Hillcrest Church (4301 E. 26th Street).
- Performances will be June 22nd and 23rd at 7:00 pm and 23rd and 24th at 2:00 pm.
- T-shirts will be provided.
The camp welcome letter can be found here.
The camp welcome letter #2 of 2 may be found here.