The Orpheum is the oldest existing theater in Sioux Falls. It was built for the Solari Bros. in 1913 at a cost of $63,200. The theater incorporates elements of the Prairie style and Neo-Classical Revival in its architecture. The façade of the building is constructed of a polychromatic, light-gray colored terra cotta block that resembles marble. John and Frank Solari designed the 1,000-seat Orpheum to be a state-of-the-art theater for the staging of vaudeville. A railroad spur led to the theater back door, which enabled performers to unload their animals, props, instruments and wardrobe trunks straight onto the stage.
Read more at SiouxFallsOrpheum.com